The Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat is one of the more comfortable car seats available. It is big and plush, has a removable toddler head rest and infant insert, has harness slots for larger children and dual cup holders. It fits children up to 65 lbs and has excellent safety features as well as high crash test rankings. The My Ride 65 car seat is a very popular model and one of the lowest priced units we reviewed with comparable features. Graco has the largest share of the best convertible car seat market in the US and the My Ride 65 is one of it’s most popular models.
Here are some of the top features of the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:
Stays rear facing up to 40 lbs., which is longer than most car seats.
In rear facing form it accommodates infants as small as 5 lbs.
As a forward facing unit, it fits children from 20 lbs. up to 65 lbs.
It features a machine washable seat cushion.
The Graco My Ride 65 has dual cup holders.
Some of the safety features of the Graco My Ride 65:
- Eps energy absorbing foam.
- Side impact protection.
- Removable infant insert.
- Removable toddler head rest.
- 5 point Harness.
- LATCH equipped.
- Bubble level indicator.
How do customers like the Graco My Ride 65?
The My Ride 65 is one of the most popular car seats among Amazon shoppers, with 117 reviews at the time of this writing. Of those reviews, 63 customers rated it 5 stars and 24 rated it 4 stars. Overall, the My Ride 65 received a 4.2 average rating out of 5. Here are some of the most noted pros and cons of the Graco My Ride 65:
Main positives of the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat according to buyers:
- Since it is big, children are not cramped in it.
- The harness slots allow for a larger child.
- The seat allows for children up to 40 lbs. to ride in the safer rear facing position.
- This Graco seat is sturdy and has excellent safety ratings.
- Several reviewers liked the convenience of the dual cup holders which do not pop off easily like in other models.
- The big size makes it comfortable for longer trips.
Chief customer complaints about the Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat:
It is a big car seat and those with small cars will have difficulty fitting it in.
A few customers noted that you have to uninstall the seat to wash the cover.
Several customers complained that the buckles are difficult to snap in place.
One of the bigger problems noted was that the straps have to be reinstalled when the seat is removed.
Summary of customer reviews of the Graco My Ride 65:
Most of the reviews we read touted the excellent quality and comfort features of the My Ride 65 along with it’s safety features. We found among the reviews that many customers bought a second Graco My Ride 65 because of how happy they were with their first unit. However, there were several issues that showed up on numerous reviews and you should be aware of these prior to purchasing this car seat. One of the most notable issues is that many customers found this seat difficult to install because the LATCH system hooks are small and not easy to attach. The straps are easy to loosen but difficult to tighten once the child is in the seat and several people reported the harness to be difficult to buckle in and prone to opening due to it being easy not to buckle it in tightly. You should also note that this is a big unit which may not be as maneuverable and might not fit well in small cars. It is a product of convertible car seats for small cars
Choosing a car seat is a matter of personal taste and needs so you should consider your particular situation and determine if the shortcomings of the Graco My Ride 65 are acceptable to you in return for it’s comfort and safety features. The large majority of customers purchasing and reviewing it were very happy with their purchase but there are important issues that we have noted in this review which merit your consideration.
This is a toddler travel bed that is a flexible option for families that travel a lot. It is suitable for toddlers and preschoolers and is foldable. It is a foldable stretcher that is easy and quick to set up and clean.
Its features include:
- It is a durable all steel frame with a canvas bed liner.
- It is an easy fold and go travelling bed that is easy to set up and fold down.
- It comes with a washable blue matching fitted sheet.
- It comes with a blue travel case that it fits in perfectly.
- It can be used for both indoors and outdoors.
- It is best for outings, camping, sleepovers, travelling etc.
- It is best for toddlers and preschoolers.
- It has a firm comfortable mattress that is a fold out.
- It is a strong long lasting bed that gives you lasting solutions to your toddler travelling needs.
- It comes in two colors blue and pink that makes it easy for choosing for your girl or boy.
- It’s affordable in price costing $33.90 only.
Positive remarks from users
“My two and three year old daughters love theirs. Plenty of room and I believe it will fit up to a six year old.”
“Works great! I do recommend some padding for a more comfortable sleep, but it’s perfect on the go quick bed for camping or for any trip.”
“We purchased this for our three year old for when we go on vacation. He loves it. He slept all night in it, no problems. It comes with a nice cotton sheet. It’s easy to set up and break down. Everything fits nicely into the travel bag. This product is not for older children, it’s just too short. I’d say four to five years is the maximum. I’d recommend it and think it’s worth the price.
Travelling with a toddler bed requires a light and easy to set up bed that will not give you problems after a long trip. Investing in one that is light and packs into its own bag helps you easily pack and carry few luggage.
The Regalo my Cot toddler travel bed is one a kind that offers you the easiest choice when it comes to travel beds. You cannot go wrong with this toddler travel bed as it serves all your needs whether at home or travelling. This is one bed you don’t have to keep until you travel next, you can simply pull it out when you need a playful afternoon out or a beach visit or a visit to the park.
It is also a great help when you are transitioning your toddler from the crib to a standard bed. You can introduce it to your child during the day nap as they slowly learn to love it. This bed is the best to carry around too as it allow all of you to share a room in a comfortable way.
Families who travel a lot have the advantage of using this Aerobed as their toddler travel bed. It is an inflatable bed that deflates fast and packs up in a very small package that is light to carry. Its great features is one thing that attracts many parents into buying it.
These great features include:
- It has raised sides about 4” high that protect the child from rolling off
- It has a large sleeping area for the child’s comfort measuring about 50×25 inches.
- It comes with a fleece mattress cover with beautiful designs that is thick and washable to cover the entire bed.
- It is suitable for children aged 4 years and above
- It deflates fast and folds up easily to fit in the carry bag it comes with.
- It is made up of heavy duty PVC material that is not easy to tear, it lasts for long and has welded seams.
- It can hold up to maximum weight of 150 lb.
- It comes with a hand-held pump of about 120 V AC that inflates the bed in about 15 seconds.
- It measures about 50x25x4 inches when inflated and
- It has a limited warranty
- It is the size of a twin bed when fully inflated and can accommodate your twins side by side.
- It is easily set up
- For only $79.99 you get this Aerobed and can use it for camping, sleepovers, holiday etc.
Reviews it has received by users
Aerobed Toddler Travel Bed has received overwhelming positive remarks from many of its users. Some of them include:
“This bed is a lifesaver! Our baby got used to it and it’s awesome for travelling. I also use it at home when they get a stomach bug to ensure they don’t ruin their bedding and mattress.”
“It is easy to set up and it comes with an electric pump and it takes a little less room.”
“This is a perfect size for a toddler and great for travelling!”
“It’s the perfect toddler bed with raised edges for safety.”
Many remarks are the positive ones but one negative remark that is noted by many parents is the fact that it makes noise every time the child turns waking them up.
The easiest and cheapest way to buy your toddler bed is through the online market. Most times you will find that Amazon sells it at a cheaper rate than Walmart does. It is the same toddler travel bed but we can get value for our money by buying it at affordable rates.
Aerobed travel toddler beds have been used for a long time with little or no complains proving that they are good for use. A higher percentage have testified to using it for more than five years due to its durable material and ease of use. However, be on the lookout that your children do not use sharp objects as they will cut or make holes on this inflatable bed.
Packing for a travel is not easy especially when you have children that you are packing for. Normally as a lady, we spend a lot of time wondering what to pack and what to leave out now with a baby on board it becomes even worse.
But we have to pack, we have to travel for holidays and we have to pack right. How would you make sure you pack right and light? It’s not easy to balance out these two qualities as you pack for a long holiday or travel with your child on board but it is a must to learn a technique that will help you out.
The last thing we all want to hear is that we are buying more bags and suitcases to pack extra travel items. We know the more luggage you pack the higher your chances of losing it in an airport or a train station.
Buying and Packing smart
When it comes to clothes and other accessories, it is easy to tell what needs to be packed and what can be purchased on arrival. But when it comes to the children’s toddler travel bed, you ought to be smart and shop right.
As much as you look for light weight and foldable or deflatable, it is important to check out travel beds that come with their own packing bag. It is not a great idea to buy a travel bed then purchase a suitcase or a bag to carry it in.
Today most manufacturers have learnt the need to completely pack the travel bed ready for travelling meaning you do need to pack it in any other bag since it comes with its own that meets the standards of travelling even flying.
There are many types of beds that come fully packed in their own bags. They include:
- Kidco Peapod Plus – at only $99.99 it folds and pack into a small light luggage.
- Aerobed for kids – goes for only $79.99, it’s deflated, folded and packed into a small compact luggage.
- Baby delight snuggle nest – costs only $49.99 and it easily folds into a hand luggage.
- Regalo my cot portable bed – at only $24.88 you get a comfortable bed that folds into a long slim bag that you can easily walk around with.
- The Shrunks wheeled travel bed –It’s so light that your toddler can pull it behind them in an airport since it has wheels.
- The Shrunks indoor travel bed –It neatly folds into a drawstring bag that is easy and light to carry around. It only costs $79.99.
- Regalo my cot deluxe – It comes with an attached sleeping bag that does not detach and provides extra comfort and warmth to the child. It costs you $34.99 only for this amazing bed.
It is easy to travel now as all these beds offer you the choice to purchase a bed that has a bag to pack in. This cuts back on your expenses as you don’t have to spend more on any more bags or suitcases. Finally all your packing is done professionally because you are a professional in shopping and packing right.